To apply for the J1-Visa for the USA the DS-2019 form is required which can be issued only by a few authorised organizations in the US, the so called visa sponsors. InterSwop offers the service to issue this DS-2019 form and the support to apply for the visa by assigning the right visa sponsor.
Who can apply?
The visa support service points to persons who already organised themselves an internship place, apprenticeship place, training place etc in the US and now like to apply for the J1-Visa. A written acceptance confirmation from the host company, training or study post is required with information about the company, content and duration of the training. Your nationality does not matter! Our service is open to any nationalities all around the world!
Professional, study and apprenticeship fields, which can apply for a DS-2019 form:
- Information Media and Communications
- Management, Business, Commerce, Finance
- Hospitality and Hotel Management
- The Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, and Industrial Occupations
- Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Public Administration and Law
- Arts & Culture
- Education, teacher, social sciences, library science, counseling and social services
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing, Animal Health etc.
- Students currently enrolled in a certificate granting post secondary education program (e.g. university / polytechnic etc) for at least one semester (Interns)
- Graduates from a certificate granting post secondary education institution beginning their internship within 12 month after graduation (Interns)
- Graduates from a certificate granting post secondary education institution with at least one year of professional experience outside the USA (Trainees)
- Persons who like to work on their thesis or PhD within a company during their internship/training
- Persons who have already done an internship in the US and entered with a J1 visa previously (under certain circumstances)
Restrictions: Who CANNOT apply?
The following fields cannot apply for a DS-2019 form through Interswop:
- Aupairs, domestic work, babysitting or housekeeping etc.
- Medical interns or anything involving hands-on therapy, counseling, administrating medical treatment or making diagnoses of medical, psychiatric or psychologic patients
- Crew members on ships or airplanes, pilots
- High school leaver for pre-study internships which are not yet enrolled in an university and studying since at least one semester
- Downloading the DS-2019 information: for free
- Pre-eligibility check request: for free
- Assignment of suitable US visa sponsor at special prices: for free
- Processing fee of the DS-2019 application: US$ 70 (or Euro 60,-)
- Issuing the DS-2019 form at visa sponsors' special fees:
- US$ 700 for internships/trainings from 1 to 3 month of duration
- US$ 750 for internships/trainings from 4 to 6 month of duration
- US$ 950 for internships/trainings from 7 to 12 month of duration
- US$ 1.150 for internships/trainings over 12 months of duration
How to proceed?
Just 2 easy steps to get your DS-2019 form: Read and Request Eligibility Online!
Download, read and understand the DS-2019 information
Request your eligibility online and get an assignment for a suitable US legal sponsor for free
Request Online Now